Saturday, September 12, 2009

A New Week

My weigh-in didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I was only up 1/2 pound. Time to get serious.

Today's session was on eating out.

E Eyeballing your portions - How do you make sure you don't under estimate? Does it fit in the palm of your hand.
A Always eat the filling foods first
T Track everything
I I can do this
N Never starve before you go out to eat. Some find it helpful to eat snack first.
G Get a menu on line and know what you will eat before your arrive.

O Use WW "Good Health Guidelines"
U Use weekly point allowance (35 pts)
T Take note of body signals. Usually when you sigh when eating your body means you are full.

Most restaurants will steam vegetables. Don't assume, ask. If vegetables are glistening when they weren't steamed. You are looking at some type of oil.

Order your salad dressing on the side. Then dip your fork in the dressing before you fork the lettuce. You will be amazed at how much you don't need. I only eat 1/3 of what I would eat if I poured on the salad.

Sometimes you can ask your waitress/waiter what would be a good choice.

Today starts the 2nd week of the 6 week "Lose for Good" challenge. I promised I would set a goal before I left WW and I did.

I decided to make it about activity. For one reason I will be going to Beth's soon for the 5k walk and I need to practice. The 2nd reason is based on advice from the group. This week I was distracted with problems from Irene. It was a very emotional time for me and I was distracted and even though I was tracking what I ate I was not focused on make good choices all the time- eating and activity. I asked the group what they did to refocus. One lady takes her dog (because the dog doesn't need to talk and anyone else would want to talk about the problems she is dealing with) and they go for a walk at a place called Soos Creek. Another lady goes to the gym and runs on the tread mill.

So... my 2nd week challenge is: Walk 30 min 5 days, Walk 10 min on Mom's treadmill M, T, W, F.

Going for my next challenge: Husky game

No comments:

Post a Comment