Friday, September 11, 2009

I just hate it when I stumble right out of the gate....

I can be distracted in a nano second. It's been 13 days since I started and I can't believe I only wrote the first blog and then nothing. Now granted a million things happened and all were important but I have to find a way to make this work. We are talking about my health and a potential job.

I didn't want to bore you with details daily so I had intended to write each week after the meeting. I've learned that once a week is not going to be enough. So I'll try to keep it brief but daily. Otherwise, I allow myself to get side tracked and I need you to keep me honest. I do realize that I'm the person allowing the distractions. Never more....never more. If only I were a raven....that's a story for later.

I'm happy to report that last week I lost 1/2 pound taking me to another low. Last week's meeting was about the challenge "Lose for Good". It's a six week program and the objective is to donate food that equals the number of pounds that you lose during the six weeks. I've lost 30 lbs so far so I'll bring in 30 lbs of food plus whatever I lose in the next 6 weeks. Weight Watchers will match what I bring and it will go to a local food bank.

To help us keep on track for the 6 week period, Michael challenged us to set a different goal each week. One week you might focus on water, another on journaling food, another on activity, etc. I was totally derailed emotionally so I didn't set a goal and therefore didn't meet one. I'm going to have to hide in class tomorrow. I just hate it when I don't do my homework. But I will go in and face the music and Michael is not as hard on me as I am on myself.

Before I leave the meeting - I will set a goal. No excuses.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I've had verocious ravenicitis...(spelling may be off but you know what I mean). I did manage to eat healthy but too much healthy is not a good thing. I also managed to log each day everything I ate, even when I went over my points.

Talk to you after the meeting.

PS. I had a great workout tonight. On Friday Brooklynn comes to visit and she and I have a 30 min dance-a-thon before she goes home. The problem comes after I take her home. I've done all this great activity, it's 830pm and I'm home alone... Jerry is in the bed. Usually I have a snack and then another snack. Instead I called Beth and we discussed an alternative. You got it.... I'm blogging. Going to bed. LL

No comments:

Post a Comment