Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Green Beans - 0 Points - The BEST Ever

I am a green bean lover.  These are by far the best and I think it is because of cooking in the crock pot, the brand of green beans and the brand of beef broth concentrate.  I beg my Mom to make me green beans and I eat them all week.  You be the judge.

Note:  The only place we have been able to find the Smithers Beef Broth Concentrate is online.  Mom buys a case and splits it with the rest of the family.

Cut Green Beans (28oz) - 6 cans   (Mom always chooses Blue Lake but we also like Walmart's Great Value Family Size Green Beans.

Original Smithers Gourmet (Low Calorie, Fat Free) Beef Broth Concentrate - 2 tbsp. (NO more)

In a 4 qt crock pot (can not use a small crock pot), dump the 6 cans of green beans with the juice into the crock pot.  Add the 2 tbsp. of Smithers Beef Broth Concentrate.

Start cooking on High until the beans get hot (1 - 2 hours).  Then turn down to the lowest setting on the crock pot for 8-10 hours.  You will want to stir the green beans after 8 hours and taste.  We like to add pepper.  You do not need to add the salt because of the beef broth concentrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment